Saturday, September 11, 2010

Pitlochry Highland Games

Crowd at the games.
Quite a setting.
The black team in the tug-of-war is from Cawdor - they lost.
Tug-of-war.
Judging the bands.
Pipe band.
Pole tossing.
Pole tossing.
Distillery warehouse where the whiskey 'sleeps' for 15 years.
Today brought lots of rain off and on with bits of sunshine peaking through occasionally. We went down to Pitlochry to watch the Highland Games. It was quite an experience.

4 comments:

  1. Poppy did you wear the Kilt? Me Mom and Sawyer want one too! Love Saige

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany said she would love to have watched the Highland games. I don't know how much you saw, but that would be so intersting to witness and especially represented by our very own Cawdor's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hardly wait each evening to get home to see what you two have posted on your blog. I just love the pictures, Scotland is so beautiful. You two have to be admired for your hiking abilities. That is something I would have loved to do, well except for all the ticks. Can’t wait to hear you talk about it in person, thanks for sharing the blog and your trip, I felt like I was there with you a few of the times. Close your eyes and enjoy a pause that refreshes the soul for me would you.



    Be safe and enjoy the rest of your trip.



    Love you both,

    Connie

    ReplyDelete